6 Garlic cloves finely chopped
1/4 cup white wine OR I used apple juice since I don't drink
1/4 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp finely graded lemon peel
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
4 oz raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless
pinch of sea salt and black pepper
4 slices of a medium lemon
2 lbs asparagus with stems trimmed
4 tsp unsalted organic grass- fed butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine garlic, wine, broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, and thyme in a long baking
pan, mix well. Set aside.
- Season both side of chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Place chicken on top of garlic mixture, top each chicken with one slice of lemon.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- 10 minutes before the chicken is done baking, lightly coat asparagus with spray. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus; cook turning occasionally for 5-10 minutes or until crisp and lightly charred.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and discard lemon slices. Place chicken and asparagus on a plate and cover with foil while you cook the sauce.
- Pour pan juices into a small skillet, bring it to a boil at medium heat, stir occasionally for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat. Bring juices to a gentle boil. Add butter 1 tsp at a time cooking and whisking constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over chicken and asparagus.
Post a Comment