- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour plus a little extra for counter when rolling flat
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- coconut oil cooking spray
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1/2 cup egg whites (3eggs)
- 15oz can (2cups) pumpkin puree (not filling)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar OR honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven 425 degrees, spray pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix, later on with your hands, until a ball of dough forms.
- On a flat surface, roll out the crust until its large enough to cover the pie dish. First flatten the dough ball with hands and use rolling pin. Dust the dough with flour while rolling, and it might help to place a parchment paper for easier rolling.
- Place the pie dish upside down on the rolled out dough.
- Flip and mold the crust in to the pie dish using your hands.
- Cut the excess dough with a knife
- Bake crust at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin pie filling ingredients together. Pour into pre-baked crust, reduce oven to 350 degrees, bake for 45 minutes.