This recipe was awesome and if you want a little treat add some cheese on top. My entire family enjoyed this dinner and I enjoyed having only ONE pan to wash!
- 1 lb boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed (or extra red kidney beans)
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup quinoa (I use pre-washed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mrs dash taco seasoning
- Preheat large skillet pan on medium/high heat and add chicken and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Move chicken to one side of the skillet and make sure an empty portion of the skillet is placed directly over heat. Reduce heat to medium, spray skillet with cooking spray and add bell peppers. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes. Check quinoa for readiness - it will look like it has popped open, revealing the germ of the kernel. Remove from heat and let chili rest for 10 minutes developing the flavours. Add extra water for smoother consistency if desired. Quinoa will absorb liquid as it sits.
Post a Comment